August 29, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Diane G. Papadakos, Director of Communications
City of West Palm Beach – Mayor’s Office
[email protected] /
(561) 822-1411 (TTY: 800-955-8771)
Community Leaders Unite to Address Mental Health Crisis in West Palm Beach
WEST PALM BEACH, FL – Mayor Keith A. James is spearheading a critical discussion on mental health on Thursday, Sept. 7 at the Mandel Public Library Auditorium at 10 a.m. He invites the community and media to participate in this pivotal event. As part of his ongoing “Community Conversations” series, Mayor James is bringing together a diverse group of leaders to identify innovative approaches to address the mental health crisis facing the community.
This roundtable discussion seeks to tackle current issues surrounding mental health by encouraging local governments to enact policy initiatives, advocating for greater transparency in mental health funding allocation, and fostering multi-stakeholder engagement. The goal is to comprehensively address the mental health crisis affecting the West Palm Beach community.
By convening this distinguished group of leaders, Mayor James aims to drive meaningful change and promote the well-being of all residents.
– West Palm Beach Mayor Keith A. James
– U.S. Congresswoman Lois Frankel
– Palm Beach County Mayor Gregg Weiss
– Deputy Chief Assistant Alexcia Cox – State Attorney’s Office
– Chief Diana Matty – West Palm Beach Fire Chief
– Captain Randy Foley – Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
– Fabiola Brumley — Bank of America Palm Beach County
– Chief Medical Officer Belma Andric – Health Care District of Palm Beach County
– Chief of Equity and Wellness Keith Oswald – Palm Beach County School District
– Behavioral and Mental Health Director Mary Claire Mucenic – Palm Beach County School District
– Chief Executive Officer Katherine Murphy – NAMI PBC
The Mandel Public Library Auditorium is located at on the third floor at 411 Clematis Street in West Palm Beach. To make a reservation, please visit Mental Health Roundtable. For more information, please call (561) 822-1411.
About the City of West Palm Beach:
The City of West Palm Beach is a vibrant and dynamic City located on the Atlantic coast of Florida. With a rich history, a thriving arts and cultural scene, and a commitment to sustainability, the City of West Palm Beach is a great place to live, work, and play. As one of the three largest cities making up the South Florida region, and the central City of Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach is a vibrant, growing, waterfront City that offers the business advantages available in the region, combined with a more refined and relaxed environment for living and working. To learn more about the City of West Palm Beach, visit us on our official website, or follow us on our social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and/or Linked-in.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/3603/772