Trash / Garbage Collection Services Suspended Wednesday, September 28, 2022
No determination concerning service on additional days has been made
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (September 27, 2022) —The City of West Palm Beach Sanitation Division will suspend solid waste collection of commercial, residential, recycling, yard, and bulk waste due to Hurricane Ian for Wednesday, September 28, 2022. West Palm Beach and Palm Beach County are under a Tropical Storm Warning until further notice and Flood Watch until Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on current forecasts. Collection services will resume on your next regularly scheduled pickup day.
ONCE A TROPICAL STORM WATCH OR WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED
- Once a STORM WATCH or WARNING is issued, do not trim any vegetation.
- Mass cutting places a tremendous burden on the normal collection process, and there is not enough equipment or staffing to collect the additional material once the storm makes landfall.
- Do not cut down trees or do any major yard work.
- Do not begin construction projects that produce debris.
- Do not place materials at the curb during a WATCH or WARNING period.
- For up-to-date information regarding Sanitation services, visit our website at wpb.org/stormtrash, monitor local radio stations, or watch City of WPB Channel 18
AFTER THE STORM HAS PASSED
- Keep household garbage, recycling, vegetation, and storm debris separate.
- Securely bag all household garbage in plastic bags, place it in your garbage cart, and it at the curb on your scheduled collection day.
- Do not place debris near or on a fence, mailbox, power line equipment, fire hydrants, poles, transformers, downed wires, water meters, or storm drains.
- The city does not reimburse residents or home-owner associations that hire a private contractor to remove and dispose of storm-related debris.
For questions about your trash/garbage service, please call: (561) 822-2075 (TTY: 800-955-8771), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. For information about the City of West Palm Beach, please visit: https://www.wpb.org/home.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/2972/772?npage=5