Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces is all about connecting people with the natural environment any time of the year, focused on resiliency efforts for the conservation and preservation of our county’s most treasured and beautiful parks, beaches, greenway and blueway trails, nature preserves, clean air, and rich history that spans more than nine decades.
Earth Month, celebrated in April, is an opportunity to show our love and commitment to stewardship for our precious outdoor spaces. Join Miami-Dade County Parks in celebrating Earth Month with fun community events and stewardship options taking place throughout the parks system, all month long. There’s something for everyone’s taste, from coastal/park clean-ups to signature festivals with food and music!
Join us in celebrating Earth Month with fun community events and stewardship options taking place throughout the community all month long.
Park Service Day Volunteer Opportunities
After School Activities – Must be registered in the afterschool program
- April 19: Planting at Joe L. & Enid W. Demps Park
- April 19: Composting at Gwen Cherry park
- April 19: Park Clean-up at MLK Park
- April 19: Park Clean-up at Sidney Wynn Park at Arcola
- April 19: Bottle Cap Clean-up & activity at Rockway Park
- April 19: Butterfly Garden Project at Tropical Estates Park
- April 21: Park Clean-up at Naraja Park
- April 21: Park Clean-up at Oak Grove Park
- April 21: Park Clean-up and carbon footprint discussion at Live Like Bella park
- April 21: Plant a flower and save the planet at Ruben Dario Park
Originally published at https://www.miamidade.gov/global/news-item.page?Mduid_news=news1648826323787220