In order to provide better service and enhanced reliability for Miami-Dade Transit riders, Metrorail’s combined frequency of Orange and Green Line trains will increase from every 7.5 minutes to every 5 minutes between Earlington Heights and Dadeland South stations during peak hours on weekdays starting Feb. 6.
This means that Metrorail peak hour service is returning to pre-pandemic levels. Additional service adjustments are being implemented.
- Peak service: Green and Orange Line trains will run every 10 minutes during peak hours for a combined frequency of every 5 minutes between Earlington Heights and Dadeland South stations.
- Off-peak service: Green and Orange Line trains will run every 15 minutes during non-peak hours for a combined frequency of every 7.5 minutes between Earlington Heights and Dadeland South stations.
- After 8 p.m., Green and Orange Line trains will depart together to provide service every 30 minutes. One track will be closed to safely perform track preventative maintenance and repair work.
- Green Line trains will run every 30 minutes.
- Orange Line trains will continue to provide only Airport Shuttle train service between Earlington Heights and Miami International Airport stations with service every 15 minutes.
- Passengers heading to and from Miami International Airport must transfer between lines at Earlington Heights Station.
Riders can pay directly at all Metrorail fare gates and Metrobus fare boxes using their contactless-enabled bank cards or digital wallets. Accepted digital wallets include Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Fitbit Pay. If using a contactless card or digital wallet, the fare will cap at $5.65 for unlimited rides per day, including transfers, on Metrorail and Metrobus.
Additionally, Miami-Dade Transit riders can purchase a mobile pass via our GO Miami-Dade Transit app. One-Way Mobile Passes will be automatically activated upon purchase. Metrorail fare is $2.25 per trip. EASY Cards or Tickets are available for purchase at all Metrorail stations via ticket vending machines using cash or credit cards. Riders can also buy an EASY Card and pre-load it online at the Transit Store.
Originally published at https://www.miamidade.gov/global/news-item.page?Mduid_news=news1675347761538156