CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING CLOSURES
- Village Boulevard between Village Commons and Community Drive (until further notice): Intermittent northbound lane closures for repaving.
- Northlake Boulevard west of Coconut Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- Westbound Fern Street between Quadrille Boulevard and Rosemary Avenue (through February 2023): The road is closed for underground utilities work.
- Tamarind Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and 7th Street. (completion delayed until February 2023): Both directions for underground utility work and streetscape. Detours:
- Northbound Tamarind Avenue traffic should go east on Banyan Boulevard to Rosemary Avenue, north on Rosemary Avenue to 7th Street, and west on 7th Street to Tamarind Avenue.
- Southbound Tamarind Avenue traffic should go south on Australian Avenue to Banyan Boulevard and east on Banyan Boulevard to Tamarind Avenue South.
- Washington Road between Greenwood Drive and Monceaux Road construction extended through late Summer 2023): Road closures as part of a streetscape redesign, including new underground utilities, sidewalks, and storm drainage improvements. Detours:
- Northbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Monroe Drive to Olive Avenue, north on Olive Avenue to Almeria Road, and east on Almeria Road to Flagler Drive.
- Southbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Almeria Road to Olive Avenue, south on Olive Avenue to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Washington Road.
EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
- Rosemary Avenue between Okeechobee Boulevard and Hibiscus Street (Friday, February 3, 5 p.m. until Sunday, February 5, 10 p.m., and Friday, February 10, 5 p.m. until Sunday, February 12,10 p.m.): Roads are closed for The Square Closure weekly event produced by Related Cos.
- North & South Clematis between Narcissus Avenue and Flagler Drive, and Lantana Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and North Clematis Street (Thursday, February 2, 4 p.m. until 10 p.m., and Thursday, February 9, 4 p.m. until 10 p.m.). Road closed for Clematis by Night produced by City of West Palm Beach Community Events.
- 300 block of Clematis Street (Saturday, February 4, 5 a.m. until 4 p.m. & Saturday, February 11, 5 a.m. until 4 p.m.): Road closure for the West Palm Beach Antique Flea & Craft Market produced by Bill Jacobson.
- 100 block of North and South Clematis Street, Narcissus Street between Banyan Boulevard and Datura Street, Lantana Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and North Clematis Street, and the 200 block of Clematis Street (Saturday, February 4, 5 a.m. until 4 p.m. & Saturday, February 11, 5 a.m. until 4 p.m.): Road closure for the Greenmarket produced by the City of West Palm Beach Community Events.
- 500 block of Clematis Street (Friday, February 3, 5 p.m. through Sunday, February 5, 11 p.m., and Friday, February 10, 5 p.m. through Sunday, February 12, 11 p.m.): The road is closed for a street event produced by Moonfest Inc.
- 300 block of Clematis Street (Sunday, February 12, 9 a.m. until Monday, February 13, 2 a.m.): Road closed for Roxy’s Super Bowl Block Party produced by Samantha Sturm.
PRIVATE PROJECT ROAD CLOSURES
- Icon Marina Village – North Flagler Drive between 43rd Street and 45th Street (construction extended through May 2023): Periodic closures of the northbound lane for the installation of underground utilities. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- The Grand – 2nd Street between Rosemary Avenue and Sapodilla Avenue, and the intersection of 2nd Street and Sapodilla Avenue (construction extended one year to December 2023): Occasional flagging on 3rd Street.
- One Flagler – Chase Street between Lakeview Avenue and Okeechobee Boulevard (through December 2023): The road is closed for construction. There are no sidewalk closures related to the construction.
PALM BEACH COUNTY ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY
- Jog Road north of Okeechobee Boulevard to north of Snelgrove Way (until further notice): Periodic northbound and southbound left turn closures.
- Florida Mango Road north of Belvedere Road (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane/right turn lane closure with traffic shift to the southbound left turn lane. Police officers will assist with traffic.
- Australian Avenue north of 25th Street (until further notice): Periodic northbound and southbound lane closures for sewer maintenance.
- Belvedere Road between Bristol Drive and Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound partial right turn lane closures and westbound right lane closures for pole installation.
- Congress Avenue south of Ware Drive to south of Chillingworth Drive (until further notice): Periodic nighttime double southbound right lane closures with a traffic shift. Periodic daytime southbound right lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
- 45th Street east of North Military Trail (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right lane closures for underground utility work.
- 45th Street east of Northpoint Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic daytime westbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- North Haverhill Road between Willow Pond Road and 47th Place North (until further notice): Periodic southbound right lane closure for underground utility work.
- For more information about PBC road closures, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works at (561) 684-4000 or visit the Road & Bridge Construction List
FLORIDA DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- The eastbound Southern Boulevard exit ramp to northbound Australian Avenue (Sunday, February 5, through Wednesday, February 8, 9 p.m. until 5 a.m.): Nightly closures to remove the temporary barrier wall, pave the exit ramp and install traffic signal loops.
- Southern Boulevard (State Road 80) Bridge Replacement Project
- Flagler Drive from Southern Boulevard to Monroe Drive is closed for reconstruction. Access will be maintained for local traffic only. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Traffic going north on Flagler Drive should go west on Southern Boulevard to Washington Road, north on Washington Road to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Flagler Drive.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Drive should go west on Monroe Drive, east to Washington Road, and south on Washington Road to Southern Boulevard.
- North and southbound I-95 north of Forest Hill Boulevard to the south of 10th Avenue North in Lake Worth Beach (through Fall of 2023): I-95 may have one lane closed in each direction nightly, 9 p.m. until 5:30 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, for upgrades in lighting, the installation of new pavement and a Road Weather Information System. Entrance and exit ramps will not be affected by construction. A full overnight closure of I-95 northbound is required to install new overhead sign structures. FDOT will provide ample notice before this operation.
- For more information, contact FDOT at (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH DOCKS
- Currie Park Boat Docks and Ramps (2400 North Flagler Drive): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Lake Mangonia Park Boat Ramps (2957 North Australian Avenue): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Clematis Street Docks (South Clematis Street at South Flagler Drive): Docks are open daily from 5 a.m. until midnight.
- Fern Street Dock (Fern Street at South Flagler Drive): The dock is open daily from 5 a.m. until midnight. No overnight dockage is allowed for boats, dinghies, or kayaks. The Fern Dock is also the home of a West Palm Beach Marine Patrol Boat and the West Palm Beach Fire Rescue Boat.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/3186/772